Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Have A Dream...Remixed

Well, it's day 11 and I'm excited to say I'm 8.2 pounds down since our official weigh-in and 12.7 pounds down since I started my weight-loss journey a few weeks before the contest started. I am so excited to see those numbers and know that I'm getting healthier and healthier by the day. So, before I head to spin class I want to share with you my "I Have A Dream...Remix" speech which is our social media task for today. 

DISCLAIMER: This speech has obviously been altered from Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech and is in no way meant to be disrespectful to him or what he stood for. Everything in RED is what I changed.

I Have a Dream Remix
By: Chantel Millin
Let us not wallow in the valley of obesity, I say to you today, my friends.
And so even though we face the difficulties of what to eat and when to work out today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Khantestants dream.

I have a dream that one day my muscles will rise up and live out the true meaning of their creed: "To take up more of my body then fat does!"

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of a central location, the sons and daughters of the 4th Annual Genghis Grill Health Kwest will sit down together and celebrate health living!

I have a dream that one day even the Genghis Grill in Tyler, a restaurant sweltering with the heat of the grill (if you’re too close), sweltering with the heat of the Asian Chili sauce, will be transformed into an oasis of people wanting to get healthy.

I have a dream that my school loans will one day decrease because of the Genghis Grill Health Kwest prize money and I will get closer to becoming an Officer with The Salvation Army…an organization that preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ and meets the human need without discrimination.

I have a dream today!

With this faith, I will be able to hew out of the mountain of weakness a stone of willpower. With this faith, I will be able to transform the jiggling fat of my belly into a beautiful symphony of defined muscle. With this faith, we will be able to workout together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to Genghis Grill together, to stand up for HEALTHY together, knowing that we will be HEALTHY forever.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.
Land where my fat will die, land of the Premier Fitness pride,
From every mountainside, let HEAL-THY ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let HEALTHY ring from the prodigious hilltops of Tyler, TX.
Let HEAL-THY ring from the mighty mountains of New York.
Let HEAL-THY ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.
Let HEAL-THY ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.
Let HEAL-THY ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:
Let HEAL-THY ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.
Let HEAL-THY ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.
Let HEAL-THY ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.
From every mountainside, let HEAL-THY ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow HEALTHY to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, big people and small people, tall or short, young or old, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the new Ghenghis Grill Health Kwest anthem:
                HEALTHY at last! HEALTHY at last!

                Thank God Almighty, we are HEALTHY at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment